Today we were lucky to have Constable Nicky visit our class to talk to us about road safety.
Here are a few concerns that the Cheeky Cheetahs have about Road Safety.
These are a few of our thoughts of what we learnt with Constable Nicky:
- "Not to walk through Alley Ways by yourself and when your crossing the road to STOP, LOOK AND LISTEN", Junior.
- "If you don't cross at a Pedestrian crossing you might get a ticket from the Police", Margret.
- "I learnt not to display my Ipad or phone when I'm walking home but to put it inside my bag for safe keeping", Juanita.
- "Beware of strangers", Tohoa.
- "Get someone to help you check that your bike is roadworthy", Matthew.
- "If you are scared of a stranger, run away from them and call 'stranger, danger'", Roscoe.
- "You could run to other peoples homes if someone is stalking you", Lialia.
- "Don't go close to people you don't know", Vashon.
- "You can't carry any weapons to protect yourself", Tyla.
- "If you are scared of someone then you have to tell an adult", Kyra-Jae.
- "Tell people to stop taking your lunch or tell the teacher" -Christian O
- "It's not good to be holding knives on the road", Waea.
- "When your at the Pedestrian crossing you need to look both ways before crossing", Miracle.
- "When you are going somewhere you don't need a weapon", Vaivasa.
- "I learnt that it is important to always use the pedestrian crossing at all times", Alicia.
- "If you are scared of a dog, you need to cross the road onto the other side or ask the owner if they bite", Jodeci.
Constable Nicky visiting the Cheeky Cheetah's